Our campsite is situated just 8km from the wonderful little town of Grabouw.
If you have any queries, please contact the office where one of our staff members will be happy to assist with any questions you might have or come visit our campsite and have a look for yourself!
Please don’t hesitate to ask no matter how silly you think your question might sound – anything goes from catering/food preferences, activities, concerns, special requests, etc. Always happy to help.
~We want your Feedback~
Help us by telling us what you liked and even disliked about our campsite. This way we learn from the most important people – you!
From Cape Town:
- Take the N2 outbound from Cape Town (towards Somerset West onwards to Caledon)
- Continue past the Grabouw turn-off (Orchid Farmstall can be seen on left)
- Continue past Perigrene Farmstall on right
- Continue for about 8km
- Pass Kromco Warehouses on left
- Pass “The Valley” turn-off on the right
- 500m left to go
- Slow down when you see houses on your left
- Back 2 Basics turn-off is at the bottom of the hill – ON THE RIGHT-HAND SIDE OF THE N2
- Follow the little signs pointing towards the Back 2 Basics Office
From Caledon or Hermanus:
- Take the N2 toward Cape Town
- Continue on the N2 past the little town of Botriver
- Continue over the Mountain Pass
- Continue past Houw Hoek Farmstall on left – Houw Hoek Hotel is on the right
- Continue about 4km
- As you go around a sharpish bend toward your right, start slowing down.
- The turn-off is 300m on LEFT
- When seeing houses on right and left of N2 – slow down
- As N2 starts with uphill – TAKE TURN-OFF ON LEFT